Blink History & Vision
Blink is Europe’s first air-taxi service. Carrying up to four passengers, our fleet of Blink jets provides unrivalled access to over 600 convenient destinations throughout Europe. We deliver all the benefits of personal air travel at prices competitive with commercial business class and up to 50% cheaper than existing private jet services.
Blink ignited the personal travel revolution in 2006 with its initial aircraft order for 30 aircraft and altered the travel landscape with its operational launch in 2008. Peter H. Leiman and Cameron Ogden co-founded the company after graduating from Harvard Business School where they developed the idea for Blink conducting a "proof-of-concept" for retail giant Wal-Mart.
Today, Blink continues to lead the industry in innovation with its relentless focus on customer service and safety, leveraging of technology to improve the customer experience and streamline its operation, and launching the industry’s innovative destination network.
Based in London, England, Blink maintains Hubs in London, Geneva, and the Channel Islands. Blink’s global headquarters is located in London.
Blink’s vision is to redefine the world of short-haul travel.
Key Company Milestones
- September 2006: Company founded
- July 2007: Blink’s initial $30 million capital raising completed, making Blink one of the most well-funded air-taxi operators globally
- July 2007: Blink places initial order for 30 Cessna Citation Mustangs, making Blink the largest owner of Mustangs in the world
- June 10, 2008: Blink launched revenue operations with first commercial flight between London and Antwerp
- June 2009: Blink celebrates one-year anniversary with fleet of 5 aircraft
- September 2009: Blink launches second base in Geneva and third base in Channel Islands. Blink takes delivery of its seventh aircraft
- May 2010: Blink announces partnership with Lotus Racing
- June 2010: Blink celebrates two-year anniversary having flown over 3,000 passengers
- June 2010: Blink launches online pricing and booking, an industry first for private jet travel
- June 2011: Blink moves into new Global Headquarters at Blackbushe Airport, Surrey
Blink flies to over 600 destinations across Europe. Find the most convenient airport for your journey with our Airport Locator.
Click here to search by address or airport name, or to simply browse by country.